- Keep it spotless! Develop a sense of pride in the care of this
- Open at 9:00 AM and close at 10:00 PM daily, every day the school
is officially open. When school is officially closed (between
semesters, winter break, spring break, etc.) lock south, west, and
north gates. Keep north gate locked except for special events.
Leave “closed” signs on fence. This sign directs players to east
entrance, which is open and closed daily by security. Cut lights off
during this time (last switch on right on light panel is turned down).
We do not turn lights on for neighborhood players during
- Lock and unlock bathrooms daily.
- Pick up trash daily. This includes ball can lids, chewing gum,
cigarette butts, leaves, and any other mess. Use the blower to blow
off the courts as needed. Leaves are a special problem. I have
requisitioned a leaf vacuum Keep oil and gas in the blower. If you
have to pay for gas, I will reimburse you.
- If a worker is to be absent, get a substitute. Teach them the job
(how to lock the gates properly, etc.).
- Time sheets are due on the last day of the month. If they are not
signed on time, then no pay on time.
- Periodically sweep the balcony, steps, and bottom of the gazebo.
This area picks up a lot of trash. Periodically wipe off the table and
- Occasionally monitor night play. Try to prevent unnecessary
burning of lights. Educate our students. Learn to work with
appropriate personnel on time changes for lighting, plus watch the
lighting problems (faculty computer timings, etc.).
- Learn to care for the fences and gates, and windscreen (plastic
stays, metal stays, rope work, net work, net measuring, numbers on
- Get mowing schedules to landscapers each semester (varsity
schedules, P.E. classes, etc.).
- Keep benches clean and in good repair. Keep trash cans empty and
in good repair.
- We fight birds for ownership in the spring and summer. The
mechanics center has a water spray machine we use to clean the
stairwell and balcony. Learn to use it. We have a pest control
employee for wasps, etc. Report to the tennis director if lights aren’t changed at daylighttime changes.We need to keep several new nets and small green trash cans onhand. Tell tennis director of need to order.
- We have a handheld blower and extension cords that allow you
to clean out the stands (leaves, bush sheddings, etc.). Do this
periodically as needed.
- We host several tournaments, the secretary has the schedule.
Many are high school playoffs, so we need to be especially clean.
Make sure bathrooms are cleaned the evening after a tournament
day. Trash pickup will be heavy and important on those days.
- Report all damages to appropriate personnel. Report painting
repair needs that need special attention.
- Correct vandalism acts. Report significant incidents to security.
Pick up broken glass. Clean up aftereffects of the weather. Take
trash to appropriate pick up location.
- No skateboards, bicycles, skates, etc., on court surface. No bikes
inside the courts ever. Keep skateboarders off East Gym patio
(noise). Call Security if anyone is unruly.