Skip to content
- Check the college’s websites for rosters and nationality of players.
- There is an “elephant in the room” of college tennis: They don’t want
your kid. Why? An 18-year-old can’t beat a 23-year-old international
(other factors being equal).
- Don’t give money to institutions that don’t support our kids. Tell your
alumni and giving buddies the same.
- Don’t go for the “walk-on” speech. If a coach wants your kid, he will
find a scholarship. Otherwise, he has nothing to lose and probably
doesn’t think your kid will play. Believe me.
- “Enron” University is out there. You have to protect your kid.
- Let the press know your feelings.
- Check out the “Florida Story” about internationals.
- Let the coaches know how you feel.
James Michener, in Sports in America: “and we do it in the name of
education.” What hypocrisy.