The link above states that a trillion is this big: If you could start counting dollar bills, one per second, non stop 24 hours a day it would take approximately 32, 000 years to get to a trillion.
A trillion times 6 or 7. That a lot of money.
Those who contend that the current economic changes will fry the President’s reelection chances, may won’t to consider some very grim thoughts:
- Money vs Death. One treasured confidant contends that in the final analysis humankind would pick money. Hmm.
- While the deficit trillions are horrendous, they are controlled by the current administration. Who is “the decider”?
- “…we will make him an offer he can’t refuse”. Fear is a powerful tool. Money too. The Mafia isn’t the only one who knows how they work.
- North Carolinians contend (now) that the civil rights movement began in a Greensboro Woolworth’s food counter with the “sit-ins”. The late David Halberstam wrote THE RECKONING about those times. He contended that a group from Nashville actually led the way. Diane Nash, Marion Barry, James Bevel, among others, were students at Atlanta Baptist. They had seen enough and made the supreme decision. They will not frighten us, no matter what. They wisely realized they were single, a significant factor: They could not be manipulated by fear for their children’s lives.
- Money can be used for good or bad. Those in control will choose. If “the Decider” is a tyrant who considers their own wishes only, well? If reelection is the goal and six trillion of “campaign aid” is accessible to one with no scruples, well—?Would one use a race horse head? unlimited pay off for any obstacle? Use fear (terror if needed), find ways to hide any amount. Would one who won’t release their tax forms seem a little suspicious? One with a past of greed, bankruptcy, draft dodging be the patriot above reproach?
“…now is the time for your tears.” (THE LONELY DEATH OF HATTIE CARROLL) by Bob Dylan