I heard a rumor that the USTA tried to buy the rights to pickleball. No deal.
- Try again. Why?
- Pickleball has sold itself already.
- The USTA has never sold a leadup game that can match pickleball’s potential.
- Pickleball can add 8 million USTA memberships over the next few years.
- How many kids like the Williams sisters didn’t have a father who made that effort? Minority kids, as well as poor kids can gain access to this game. And it will erase the feeling that “…that game is too rich for me (or mine).”
- The issue bigger than pickleball, the USTA, or tennis, is the health of our youngsters. Public education should include embrace pickleball by lining school tennis courts for pickleball, and including it in the physical education curriculum.
- My guess is the links between pickleball and tennis and not only many new players, but some very talented players,will emerge.